Sacred Earth Retreat 2019
It is important to me that the retreat I offer are economical in many ways. The immense care and research I put into finding the perfect location, accommodation and staff is accompanied by a few strict, personal criteria: the local people must benefit by our tourism, the accommodation must be ecologically conscious, and the costs must be fair. With these self-imposed criteria, I hope to offer a retreat organized in the spirit of Yoga, with unity in the forefront of my mind. I keep the costs as low as possible to make the experience possible for all demographics. On this particular retreat, our retreat center is dedicated to sustainability and educating the local population on farming practices.
Our guide is a local, Quechua man named, Valentin. He is passionate about sharing his home with us and teaching us about his culture. Arguably, Valentin is what really makes this Sacred Earth Retreat so special - he will embrace everyone of us as his family and share his love and understanding of the Sacred land of his ancestors with us.
His company, Valentin's Pachamama Journeys, is responsible for many humanitarian projects in the community such as providing clean drinking water for the first time to a local kindergarten. You can feel good knowing that much of the money you spend on this retreat is going directly back to the people that need it most.
Now, perhaps more than ever, opening up our hearts and minds to other worlds, people and cultures will bring harmony, understanding and Love in our lives. This retreat is about embodying Yoga as unity - creating harmony, peace and balance in our lives. I hope you join me on this once in a lifetime adventure to the Sacred Valley of Peru!
Sarah's attention to detail is like none other. I have been on a yoga and meditation retreat before and there is no comparison. The Wayna Picchu hike was by far the hardest, most rewarding hike of my life and the Huchu cosqo hike was my absolute favorite. The views were like nothing I had ever seen before. I would pick a retreat with Sarah over others because her attention to detail is amazing and I loved the fact that she told us to take car of ourselves, so even though there was a schedule, if we didn't want to do something we didn't have to. Not to mention the retreat center she found was amazing, it was a hidden little paradise. The staff was amazing. The tour guides that Sarah found made our trip even that much better.
Not to mention I made some awesome friends!
This retreat is an investment in yourself. You invest your time, focus, and financial contribution and in return you are rewarded with endless possibilities to grow, challenge yourself, connect with others, and nourish your soul with the priceless rewards of travel. The guides and I will hold the space for your own, personal experience to unfold. The Sacred Valley and Mountains will support the ground underneath of your feet as you connect to yourself through nature. Your financial contribution largely supports the humanitarian projects in the Valley, local Quechua people, and their community. While you are visiting, I encourage you purchase souvenirs from the artisans and take home a piece of culture and art passed down for as long as they can remember.
“Nobody can discover the world for somebody else.
Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond,
and we cease to be alone.”
– Wendell Berry
- Early-Bird Double Occupancy per person: $2,180 USD
- Early-Bird Single Occupancy per person: $2,750 USD
- Regular Double Occupancy per person: $2,380 USD
- Regular Single Occupancy per person: $2,950 USD
- $500.00 USD non-refundable deposit due within 5 days after application acceptance. If your deposit is not received withing 5 days, your application is revoked and your spot is passed onto the next person.
- Early-birds: Apply, get acceptable, and pay your deposit before November 10, 2018! Half of the remaining balance is due January 10, 2019. Remaining balance is due February 20, 2019.
- Regular: Apply, get accepted, and pay your deposit after November 10, 2018. Half of the remaining balance is due January 10, 2019. Remaining balance is due February 20, 2019.
- If you need a different payment structure, please contact me! I want to work with you and make this retreat a reality!
- Any additional fees (Stripe, PayPal, wire fees) will be added onto your total on the final payment.
- Adults, ages 21+
- Moderate physical fitness level and great health
- Please read the FAQs thoroughly to determine if this retreat is a right fit for you
- Limited space to make this retreat intimate and comfortable!
- All levels of yoga and meditation practice are welcome
Getting to Peru
- Please consider airline ticket costs when setting goals and budgets for the retreat.
- You will need to fly into Cusco, Peru - airport code CUZ in the morning of 22 March, 2019. You must arrive in the morning to catch the inclusive, group transportation to the Sach'a Munay retreat center leaving at 1:00 PM sharp. If you arrive later or your flight is delayed, you will be responsible for your own private transportation arrangements and cost for transportation to Sach'a Munay.
- I recommend arriving a few days early or staying a few days later than the retreat. Arriving early will ensure you will not be late on the first day of the retreat. Hotels and Hostels are cheap and safe in much of Cusco. I will recommend where I stay in the city. There is so much to explore! Give yourself the time and space to truly be present in Peru.
- Try not to book domestic flights in Peru on LC Peru. They are known for their delays and re-booking without notice. LATAM or Avianca are much more reliable - and still have some hiccups!
- Plan to depart Cusco on the 30th no earlier than 3:00 PM. The group transportation will depart at 10:30 AM on the 30th. If you book a flight that requires an earlier departure, you will be responsible for the cost.
- 8 nights accommodation total: 7 nights accommodation at Sach'a Munay.
1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes at 3 star hotel.
- All meals at Sach'a Munay
- Group Airport transfer to and from Sach'a Munay on start and end dates of retreat. If you arrive earlier or later than the group time, you will be responsible for transfer costs.
- All transportation for sites, hikes and treks as listed in the itinerary, including buses, taxis and trains.
- All entry fees into Sacred Sites.
- Excursion to Machu Picchu, including hotel, round-trip train ticket, bus, entry, Wayna Picchu ticket, and guide.
- Personal, local guide in the Sacred Valley to enrich our stay and exploration! Valentin is an absolute treasure! I consider him family. He will share with us the culture, history and mysteries of the ancient Inca and modern Quechua people. One of our greatest joys will be spending time learning from Valentin and his team.
- Yoga and meditation instruction on most days
- Airfare to Peru. Airfare to Cusco.
- 4 lunches and one dinner on your own
- Alcohol, food and snacks outside of the inclusions listed on the itinerary.
- Additional transportation outside of what is included.
- Wellness, health, or energetic treatments.
- Medical care or emergency treatment.
- Additional Shaman ceremony. Please note, the Sacred Plant Medicine Ceremonies are prohibited during the time of the retreat to maintain stability, safety and comfort of all participants. You can arrange to extend your stay if you wish to participate in the sacred initiation. Our staff and guide can help direct you to a safe ceremony, or I can recommend where I attended last year.
- Gratuities for the Staff and Guides. Please consider being generous - they give us a lot of their hearts, time, and energy to be sure we have a wonderful experience. $10-$20 per day is wonderful for the Sach'a Munay staff to split. $100+ for our wonderful guides to split is recommended for our excellent adventure team!
- Laundry is available and not included. It is very affordable!
You will receive constant support leading up to the retreat. Newsletters with valuable information and travel tips will help you to prepare for this adventure of a lifetime!